THE TWINS allowed eight runs in the second inning Saturday, dropping an 11-1 decision to the Red Sox at Target Field.
- It was the second time this season the Twins allowed eight runs in an inning (also April 26 at TEX)…the Twins allowed six runs-or-more in a game for the seventh time this season (0-7 in those games).
- NICK TEPESCH made his Twins debut today, and his first MLB appearance since starting for the Dodgers June 24, 2016 at PIT…allowed a career-high seven runs, though only one was earned…also allowed five hits and two walks…was the second time a Twins starter has allowed seven runs in a game this season, the other being Kyle Gibson April 23 vs. DET…the six earned runs by a Twins starter are the most since Nick Blackburn also allowed six on May 21, 2008 vs. TEX.
- ROBBIE GROSSMAN (2-for-4) has reached base safely in 18 of his last 19 starts, collecting a hit in 15 of them…hit his second home run of the season with a solo shot in the third.
- JASON CASTRO (2-for-4) collected his first multi-hit game since April 18…is now hitting .204 (10-for-49) at home…batting .250 (10-for-40) in day games this season.
- EDDIE ROSARIO snapped his 15 game hit-streak today…was the longest streak by a Twin this season…it was the longest hitting streak by a Twin since Brian Dozier hit in 24 straight from August 27-September 22, 2016.