THE TWINS recorded their first walk-off win of the season beating Boston 4-3 at Target Field Friday night. It was their first walk-off win since September 11, 2016 vs. Cleveland…The win tonight was their eighth in their last 12 games
…Minnesota is 9-6 vs. the Sox dating back to the start of the 2015 season…the Twins have won five-straight series openers.
- PHIL HUGHES allowed one run in a season-high 6.2 innings…was his longest outing since April 23, 2016 at Washington (7.0 IP) and his longest outing at Target Field since July 24, 2015 vs. New York-AL (7.0 IP).
- BRANDON KINTZLER blew his first save of the season and first since September 17, 2016 at New York-NL.
- TWINS BATTERS collected two-plus triples tonight (Miguel Sano and Eddie Rosario) for the first time since August 3, 2016 at Cleveland (2)…the Twins recorded two-plus triples five times last season.
- JOE MAUER (2-for-4) hit his first-career walk-off home run…was his fourth-career walk-off plate appearance (3 hits, 1 walk)…was his 132nd career home run, tying Jacque Jones for 11th on the Twins all-time list.
- EDDIE ROSARIO (2-for-4) extended his hitting streak to a career-high 15 games, the longest streak by a Twin this season and the second-longest active streak in baseball (Trout, 16 game streak entering tonight)…it’s the longest hitting streak by a Twin since Brian Dozier hit in 24 straight from August 27-September 22, 2016…Rosario is hitting .414 (24-for-58) during the streak…has two-plus hits in three straight games and in five of his last eight games…recorded his first triple since July 28, 2016 vs. Baltimore…has four extra-base hits in his last three games.
- MIGUEL SANO (2-for-3) collected his team-leading second triple of the season…also tripled on April 5 vs. Kansas City…was his fourth-career triple…is hitting .484 (15-for-31) with six extra-base hits and 14 RBI in his last eight games…has two-plus hits in three of his last four games vs. Boston.
- MAX KEPLER (1-for-4) has a hit in all eight career games vs. Boston, hitting .344 (11-for-32) in that span.
- ROBBIE GROSSMAN (1-for-4) has reached base safely in 17 of his last 18 starts, collecting a hit in 14 of them.