- THE TWINS lost today for the seventh time in their last nine games, all on this homestand…the Twins are now 5-7 at home and 3-3 on the road…they will head to Texas for three and Kansas City for three during their six-game roadtrip starting tomorrow…the Twins fall to 6-7 in day games this season compared to 3-3 at night…Michael Tonkin and Craig Breslow combined to strikeout four batters in the sixth inning today, the first time the Twins have struckout four in an inning since Tyler Duffey did so on May 8, 2016 at CWS in the 7th inning…Twins allowed 13-or-more runs to the Tigers for the first time since May 14, 2015 at DET (13 runs)…13 runs and hits allowed by Twins were both season-highs.
- KYLE GIBSON allowed seven runs (six earned) on eight hits and two walks with three strikeouts in 2.2 innings…it was the most runs he allowed since April 22, 2016 at WAS (7 runs in 3.0 IP)…has allowed 17 hits in his last two starts (8.0 IP)…has been issued the loss in each of his last three starts…Twins are 1-3 in his four starts.
- BRIAN DOZIER (1-for-3) finished the homestand batting .250 (8-for-32)…in his last 22 games against the Tigers is hitting .286 (24-for-84)…collected his third double of the season today and now has 54 extra-base hits since the 2016 All-Star break, leading all MLB players.
- EDDIE ROSARIO (1-for-4) hit his second home run of the season with a solo shot in the fifth inning…has a hit in six straight games batting .364 (8-for-22) with two home runs and five RBI…16 of his 25 career homers have come at Target Field.
- MIGUEL SANO (1-for-3) has reached base in 17 of his 18 games played this season…has 14 RBI this season, which leads all Twins.
- ROBBIE GROSSMAN (1-for-4) has reached base safely in 12 straight games, and in all 15 of his starts this season…is hitting .353 (12-for-34) during his on-base streak.
- CHRIS GIMENEZ became the first Twins position player to pitch since Eduardo Escobar did so on August 11, 2016 vs. HOU.