- THE TWINS have now lost three straight games for the first time this season…the Twins are 1-for-8 in their last nine against the Indians…on their current homestand, the Twins are .189 (7-for-38) with runners in scoring position, going 1-for-8 tonight.
- PHIL HUGHES allowed six runs, four earned, on eight hits and no walks while striking out three in 3.1 innings…was the first Twins pitcher to go fewer than 5.0 innings in the last five games, since Gibson went 4.0 April 12 at DET…has allowed 10 runs in his last two starts (9.0 IP).
- MIGUEL SANÓ (1-for-5) hit his fourth home run of the season with a solo shot in the eighth inning off Otero…Sanó has not gone more than four games without a home run so far this season…36 of his 47 career home runs have come off right-handed pitchers.
- ROBBIE GROSSMAN (1-for-4) has reached safely in 11 of 12 games this season and reached multiple times in eight of those 12…he entered play today with the best on-base percentage in the majors.
- JASON CASTRO (3-for-4) snapped a personal 0-for-14 collecting a season-high three hits tonight…three hits were the most since collecting three August 11, 2016 at Minnesota.
- EDDIE ROSARIO (2-for-3) has hit safely in 20 of his last 21 games against the Indians, hitting .354 (29-for-82) with 11 RBI in those games.
- MAX KEPLER (1-for-3) extended his current hit-streak to seven games with a single in the fourth inning…over the seven games is batting .370 (10-for-27) with four doubles, a triple, a home run and six RBI.