- THE TWINS have now lost consecutive games for the second time this season, previously April 11-12 at Detroit…the offense was held to one run for the second consecutive game, third time in their last four and fourth time in their last seven…five of the Twins six losses have been decided by two runs-or-less…Twins hitters left 12 men on base, marking a season-high.
- KYLE GIBSON set a season-high with 5.1 innings pitched…tonight marked his 16th consecutive home start going at least 5.0 innings…he lost his fourth straight decision, dating back to 2016 and his sixth straight home decision.
- TWINS STARTING PITCHERS had their scoreless inning streak snapped at 20 innings in the second inning tonight…Gibson allowed the first run for a starter since the third inning on Friday vs. Chicago-AL…they have posted an ERA of 1.37 (26.1 IP, 4 ER) in their last four games.
- ROBBIE GROSSMAN has reached safely in 10 of 11 games this season and reached multiple times in eight of those 11…he entered play today 4th in the AL in on-base percentage (.487) and 6th in baseball…he reached three times in four plate appearances tonight, raising his OBP to .512.
- EDDIE ROSARIO (2-for-4) has hit safely in 19 of his last 20 games against the Indians, hitting .342 (27-for-79) with 11 RBI in those games.
- JOE MAUER had two hits in three at-bats against Danny Salazar tonight, making him 9-for-21 (.429) lifetime against the right-hander…additionally, Mauer’s first hit tonight marked the 500th of his career at Target Field.
- TYLER DUFFEY has yet to allow a run in four appearances (8.2 IP)…he has allowed six runners to reach base.