Oswaldo Arcia bashed a solo home run to lead off the bottom of the 9th and snap a 3-3 tie as the Minnesota Twins beat Cleveland 4-3 at Target Field Monday night. The win ended a 3-game losing streak for the Twins and came on the heals of a gut-wrenching 16 inning loss to Washington on Sunday.
- THE TWINS defeated the Indians 4-3 in the opening game of this three-game series…Oswaldo Arcia hit a walk-off home run in the ninth inning off of Zach McAllister to propel the Twins to victory; this was the Twins second walk-off win on the season, the other also coming from Arcia on a single April 17 vs. LAA…the Twins snap a three-game losing streak with the win…the Twins are 5-1 in their last six games at Target Field…they have won five of their last six against the Indians at Target Field and are 9-2 in their last 11 overall vs. the Tribe…five of the Twins six wins this season have been come-from-behind.
- TOMMY MILONE allowed two runs on seven hits and two walks while striking out five in 4.2 innings…three of his four starts have been 4.2 innings…the two runs allowed are the fewest in his four starts…he has struckout 11 in his last 9.1 innings while walking four.
- Oswaldo Arcia (1-for-4) hit a walk-off home run in the 9th inning off of Zach McAllister to give the Twins a 4-3 victory…both of the Twins walk-off hits this year have been hit by Arcia, the other being a walk-off single April 17th vs. LAA…the last Twin to hit a walk-off home run was Brian Dozier, when he hit a walk-off home run in the 10th inning vs. BAL on July 6th, 2015.
- BRIAN DOZIER (1-for-4) tied the game 2-2 with a two-run double in the fifth inning…he has five RBI over the last two games…Dozier has a hit in each of his last five games at Target Field, driving in four runs in that span.
- DANNY SANTANA (1-for-3) returned from the disabled list prior to tonight’s game…Santana singled in his second at-bat…the single was his first hit against the Indians since April 17, 2015, snapping a 0-for-last-19.
- JOE MAUER (1-for-3) hit his fourth double of the season tonight…he extended his current hit-streak to six-games, hitting .300 (6-for-20) with two doubles, two RBI and six walks…Mauer drew his 131stcareer intentional walks, tying Tony Oliva for second on the Twins all-time list (152 by Harmon Killebrew).
- THE INDIANS were defeated by the Twins 4-3 in the two teams’ first meeting of the 2016 season…the loss snaps the Indians three game winning streak…the loss was the Indians fifth in their last six games at Target Field and now have dropped nine of their last 11 games vs. the Twins…the 12 hits by the Indians were the most hits in a Tribe loss on the season.
- DANNY SALAZAR went 4.2 innings and allowed three runs on three hits with four walks and three strikeouts…the 4.2 innings was his shortest outing on the season…his four walks allowed were the most on the season and he has now allowed at least three walks in all four of his starts this year…this was his shortest start against the Twins since his first career start against them on August 8, 2013 when he went 4.0 innings of work…in the fifth inning, he balked for the first time this season and third time in his career.
- RAJAI DAVIS (2-for-4) has recorded at least one hit in his last nine starts and is hitting .342 (13-for-38) during this span…recorded his fourth multi-hit game of the season and his third straight start with two hits…stole his sixth base, in nine attempts, on the season; second most in the American League coming into today’s game.
- JASON KIPNIS (1-for-5) extended his hitting streak to five games with his RBI single in the fifth inning…is now hitting .389 (7-for-18) in his career vs. Milone.
- YAN GOMES (1-for-3) hit a game-tying home run in the eighth inning off of Ryan Pressly, his third home run of the season…Gomes is a career .325 hitter (25-for-77) at Target Field; the home run was his fourth career hit at the park.
- CARLOS SANTANA (2-for-4) recorded his fourth multi-hit game of the season; tied for fourth on the team…has hit safely in five of his past six games…is now hitting .412 (7-for-17) in his career against Milone.
- MARLON BYRD (2-for-4) collected his fifth multi-hit game of the season; second most on the Indians…has recorded a RBI in three straight games…is hitting .444 (4-for-9) on the season with runners in scoring position.