- THE TWINS lost to the Tigers 5-4 Tuesday, falling to 6-9 against Detroit on the season…they are now 5-4 against Detroit at Target Field this season…despite the loss the Twins are 9-5 in their last 14 games at Target Field.
- PHIL HUGHES allowed three runs on six hits and one walk while striking out four in 4.0 innings…it was his first start since August 9 after coming off the disabled list (lower back inflammation) this afternoon prior to his start…he has made four starts against the Tigers this season, going 1-2, 7.11 ERA (19.0 IP, 15 ER).
- KURT SUZUKI (1-for-2) collected his 46th RBI of the season tonight…he has at least one RBI in nine of his last 18 starts…he now has a hit in five straight against the Tigers, including an RBI in four straight…on the season vs. Detroit he is hitting .325 (13-for-40) with seven RBI in 13 games.
- MIGUEL SANO (1-for-4) drove in two runs with a bases loaded single in the seventh inning to put the Twins within one, 3-4…he has an RBI in three straight games and now has 47 on the season in just 62 games.
- TREVOR PLOUFFE (1-for-4) extended his current hit-streak to six games…over the streak he is batting .476 (10-for-21) with a double, two home runs and six RBI…over that same streak he has three multi-hit games and two multi-RBI games.
- JOE MAUER walked in his first plate appearance and has now reached base safely in 35 straight games, the second longest streak of his career behind the 36 straight from September 11, 2009-April 18, 2010…the 35 straight is tied for seventh in Twins history, while his 36 game streak is tied for fourth…Mauer doubled in the ninth inning, his 479th career extra-base hit, passing Gary Gaetti (478) for seventh on Twins all-time list.
- EDDIE ROSARIO (1-for-4) hit his 12th triple of the season, the most by a Twins player since Cristian Guzman hit 14 in 2003.
- EDUARDO ESCOBAR (1-for-4) extended his current hit-streak to five games, tying his season-high streak (also 8/30-9/4).