THE TWINS fell in the series finale 6-5 to the Rangers on Thursday afternoon at Target Field…they are now 57-57 on the season…the Twins are now 18-19 in series finales, 4-8 in August, 12-11 against the AL West and finished the season 3-3 against the Rangers.
- ERVIN SANTANA allowed five runs on eight hits and two walks while striking out one in 6.0 innings…five of his eight starts have been at least 6.0 innings… he has allowed five or more runs in four starts and eight or more hits in four starts…he is 0-3 in his last four starts after starting 2-0 in his first four starts of 2015…has given up nine home runs in 47.2 innings this season, a 1.70 HR/9.0 IP rate, compared to his career 1.18 HR/9.0 IP.
- AARON HICKS (1-for-5) is batting .320 (31-for-97) with one triple, four home runs and 14 RBI since the All-Star Break…since August 5, he is batting .371 (13-for-35) with three doubles, two home runs and six RBI…in 11 career games against the Rangers he is hitting .306 (11-for-36).
- EDDIE ROSARIO threw out DeShields at third base after a Choo single in the seventh inning…it was his eighth outfield assist, which ties Hicks for the team lead…his eight outfield assists are now tied with Steven Souza Jr. for the MLB rookie lead.
- TREVOR PLOUFFE (1-for-4) hit his 16th home run of the season with a solo shot in the second inning…11 of his 16 home runs have come at Target Field and seven have been solo shots…he owns the all-time home run record here, hitting 45 home runs at Target Field.
- PHIL HUGHES will be placed on the 15-day disabled list tomorrow with lower back inflammation…the Twins will recall right-handed pitcher Tyler Duffey to start Saturday’s game against Cleveland…Trevor May will make the start in place of Hughes tomorrow night vs. the Indians.