THE TWINS swept the Orioles for the first time since August 23-26, 2007 in Baltimore and their last sweep of three games came April 2-4,2007 at the Metrodome…the Twins have swept an opponent five times this year; at this time last year, they had three sweeps, their only three of the 2014 season…the Twins have won four straight over Baltimore for the first time since September 23, 2006-August 26, 2007…the Orioles lead the all-time series 324-279…the Twins improved to 28-15 at Target Field, 16-12 in series finales, 12-4 against the AL East and 27-28 against right-handed starters…Brian Dozier’s and Joe Mauer’s homers in the sixth inning marked the first time this year the Twins have gone back-to-back, last doing so when Trevor Plouffe and Oswaldo Arcia went back-to-back on August 22, 2014 vs. Detroit.
- TOMMY MILONE has recorded wins in four straight decisions after going 7.0 innings and allowing one run on five hits with two walks and five strikeouts…he has tossed six straight quality starts, and in that time, he has a 1.62 ERA (39.0 IP, 7 ER)…in six starts during the day this season, Milone is 3-0 with a 1.74 ERA (31.0 IP, 6 ER)…Milone is the first Twins starter to toss six straight quality starts since Phil Hughes did so in eight straight games from April 20-June 1, 2014.
- #VOTEDOZIER (2-for-5) hit a two-run homer in the sixth inning to give the Twins a 2-1 lead…he has 18 home runs, equaling the amount he had prior to the All-Star break last year…Dozier leads the American League with 47 extra-base hits and stole second and third base…he came in today leading all major league second baseman in home runs and RBI…earlier, he singled and stole second and third base…it marks the seventh time in his career, and first this year, that Dozier stole two bases in a game, last doing so on May 4, 2014 also against the Orioles; Dozier has 53 career stolen bases, with 10 steals of third…in the Esurance Final Vote, Dozier was trailing only Kansas City’s Mike Moustakas after the first balloting update…fans can vote for Dozier at twinsbaseball.com/vote.
- JOE MAUER (1-for-5) hit the second of back-to-back homers in the sixth inning…four of his six home runs have come at Target Field…Mauer has a hit in 10 of his 11 starts at Target Field, batting .293 (12-for-41) with two doubles, three home runs, three RBI and seven runs in those 11 starts…in his last five games he is batting .455 (10-for-22) with a double, two home runs and three RBI.
- TREVOR PLOUFFE (2-for-4) reached base in his first three plate appearances, the eighth time this year he has reached three-or-more times…he has 22 doubles this season, trailing only last season’s 27 as the most he’s had prior to the All-Star break…12 of his 19 games have come at Target Field, where he has hit .278 (44-for-158)…Plouffe has hit .322 (29-for-90) in 25 career games against the Orioles.
- MIGUEL SANO (1-for-2) has hits in his first seven major league games, batting .455 (10-for-22) in that time…he is the fourth Twins rookie since 1961 to have a hitting streak of seven-or-more games to begin their career, tying him with Kirby Puckett (1984), and trailing only Luis Rivas’ eight-game streak in 2000 and Glenn Williams’ club-record 13-game streak in 2005.