The Chicago White Sox snapped a 5-game losing streak to the Twins on Tuesday night winning 6-2 at Target Field behind a strong outing by starter Jeff Samardzija.
THE TWINS snapped a streak of five straight wins against the White Sox with their loss tonight at Target Field…they are now 8-4 against the Sox this season…they have lost three of their last four games.
- MIKE PELFREY was dealt his fourth loss of the season after allowing three runs on 10 hits in 6.2 innings…it marked his ninth outing of the season in which he pitched 6.0-or-more innings…he is now winless in four of his last five starts…he threw 112 pitches, the most in a single-game this season and most since July 19, 2013 against Cleveland (113).
- EDDIE ROSARIO (1-for-4) hit his fourth homer of the season in the bottom of the first to give the Twins a 1-0 lead…he has hit safely in 20 of 22 games at Target Field this season, batting .346 (27-for-78) at Target Field.
- JOE MAUER (2-for-4) has a hit in six of his last seven games…he has safely reached base in all seven games during this homestand, batting .333 (7-for-21) with two doubles, two homers, two RBI and six walks.
- TORII HUNTER (1-for-3) extended his hitting streak to five games with a single in the sixth…he has hit safely in 10 straight games against the White Sox, batting .341 (15-for-44) against them this season.
- EDUARDO NUNEZ (1-for-3) has played in 10 of the Twins last 11 games…he is hitting .333 (12-for-36) with five doubles, one triple and one home run in his last 11 games.