· THE TWINS lost for just the fourth time in their last 13 games…despite the defeat, they are still 23-10 since April 30…they lost their first Interleague game of the season (2-1) and only their third in their last 10…Minnesota dropped to 19-8 at Target Field this season.
· KYLE GIBSON went 7.0 innings and allowed five runs on six hits with no walks and a career-high nine strikeouts…the five earned runs were the most Gibson has allowed since he gave up six in his first start of the year, April 9 at Detroit…he has 39 strikeouts on the season, and 20 have come in his last three games…the three home runs Gibson gave up were also a career-high…it marked the first time he has given up multiple home runs in a start since September 11, 2014 at Cleveland, and for just the sixth time in 52 career starts.
· TORII HUNTER (1-for-5) had an RBI-single in the fourth inning…since May 20, he has hit safely in 13 of his 14 games, batting .304 (17-for-56) with 15 RBI in that stretch…he has six RBI in his last four games at Target Field.
· JOE MAUER (2-for-3, walk) hit a game-tying, three-run home run in the 5th inning, his second in his last 91 games, and his first at Target Field since August 17, 2014 vs. Kansas City…the home run was also the 111th in his Twins career, passing Roy Smalley and moving into sole possession of 12th place on the Twins all-time list…he has now reached base via hit, walk, or hit-by-pitch in 29 straight interleague games, the third longest interleague on-base streak in Twins history, as only Matt Lawton (37 – 6/5/99-7/12/01) and Justin Morneau (28 – 6/12/07-6/13/09) had longer…Mauer is a career .334 (215-for-644) hitter in 173 career Interleague games.
· BRIAN DOZIER had an RBI-single and later scored…he has scored a run in 10 his last 13 games, a stretch in which he has also hit .302 (16-for-53) with 11 extra-base hits and seven RBI…the Twins fell to 22-11 when Dozier scores a run this season.